Knitting Fever INC (KFI) had its humble beginnings in 1974 when Sion Elalouf opened his first needlepoint and knitting store in Great Neck, New York. He was inspired by the beautiful and exotic nature of European and Japanese yarns and by the talented textile artists he met.
In the early 80s KFI gave up the retail business to focus on bringing these specialty yarns and fabulous designers to retailers across the USA. Over the past decades KFI supplied the nation with the highest quality yarn lines supported by the greatest designers the industry has seen to date.
KFI uses lessons learned as a retailer to service their customers. This insight allows them to provide the best value and the most cutting edge yarns and support available today. From world class designers & brands Noro, Debbie Bliss, Juniper Moon Farm, Louisa Harding, Elsebeth Lavold, Ella Rae, Mirasol, Araucania Yarns, Queensland Collection, DY Choice, Jane Ellison, Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton, Jenny Watson, Jo Allport and Jean Moss– to some of the oldest and most respected yarn manufacturers in Europe like Katia, Mondial, OnLine, and Viking of Norway, KFI takes pride in supplying the best yarns and the best support from around the world.
- Australia: Prestige Yarns distributes Debbie Bliss, Louisa Harding, Araucania, Noro
- Canada: Diamond Yarns distributes Araucania, Debbie Bliss, Ella Rae, Elsebeth Lavold, Ester Bitran Hand Dyes, Katia, Louisa Harding, Mirasol, Noro, OnLine, Queensland, Sirdar, Sublime
- Finland: Duo Design distributes Araucania, Noro, Debbie Bliss
- France: Elle Tricote distributes Debbie Bliss, Noro
- Germany: Designer Yarns distributes Noro, Mirasol, Louisa Harding, Debbie Bliss, Araucania
- Sweden: Nysta Garn Och Textil distributes Noro, Debbie Bliss, Araucania, Louisa Harding
- United Kingdom: Designer Yarns distributes Debbie Bliss, Noro, Louisa Harding, Araucania, Mirasol
Knitting Fever INC.
PO Box 336
315 Bayview Avenue
Amityville, NY 11701